I'm a Stock Trader

SAP cleared the volume test. One filter still said no.

The setup is close enough to sketch a trade plan — but the engine hasn't pulled the trigger yet.
Watchlist Preview
EXPERIMENT UPDATE — Day 77 System: +8.4% | SPY (same window): +0.0% | Alpha: +8.4% Win rate: 0% (0/24) Open positions: CRNX (day 77, +1.2%), CRNX (day 72, +0.9%), CRNX (day 71, +0.8%), CRNX (day 70, +0.6%), CRNX (day 69, +0.5%), CRNX (day 68, +0.4%), CRNX (day 65, +0.3%), CRNX (day 64, +0.2%), CRNX (day 63, +0.2%), CRNX (day 62, +0.3%), CRNX (day 61, +0.2%), CRNX (day 58, +0.2%), CRNX (day 54, +0.1%), CRNX (day 51, -0.0%), TEAM (day 42, +22.9%), TEAM (day 41, +21.7%), HURN (day 22, +13.8%), HTFL (day 21, +10.1%), TEAM (day 20, +18.7%), RNG (day 14, +5.4%), RNG (day 13, +4.8%), HTFL (day 9, +9.6%), HTFL (day 8, +10.4%), HTFL (day 2, +10.1%)

Why no trade today

SAP is pressing against a key level with nearly three times its normal volume — and our system still didn't pull the trigger. The stock is sitting 1.0% above its consolidation high at $229.54, trading at $231.91, with volume clocking in at 2.90x normal. That kind of turnover on a day like this is exactly what gets our attention. And yet — no trade. The Breakout Engine scored it at 65.2 out of 100. Our threshold is 70. We don't round up, and the system doesn't negotiate. If the setup isn't there, we wait. We're now 77 days into this experiment. The portfolio is up 8.4% while SPY has gone exactly nowhere over the same window — +0.0%. We're carrying 24 open positions, anchored by CRNX alongside strong runners in TEAM, HURN, HTFL, and RNG. Nothing new added today. The win rate sits at 0% — which sounds alarming until you understand how we keep score. A 'win' means a closed trade that hit its 2R target. Every open position is still working. Not one has triggered a stop.

Three names we're watching closest

Of everything on the watchlist, SAP is the name that matters most right now. The volume story is already written — 2.90x clears our 1.5x minimum by a wide margin. What's still missing is price conviction. SAP needs to push cleanly through the $229.54 consolidation high and hold it. If it gaps up tomorrow with volume backing the move, the Breakout Engine could cross 70 fast. HAS is the second name worth knowing. Priced at $112.04, it's sitting about 2.0% above its own consolidation high at $109.81, with volume at 2.63x. Same structure as SAP — the volume is there, but the price story isn't fully written yet. It's also scored at 65.2, sitting just below our threshold for the same reason. BOX is a different conversation entirely. Trading at $42.23 with a key level at $41.77, it scored 48.6 — below even our minimum threshold of 50. Volume is decent at 1.97x, but this one would need a real catalyst shift to move into serious consideration. We're not holding our breath on BOX for tomorrow.

What would trigger us tomorrow

No entry, stop, or target today — because no trade was placed. That's the honest version of this section. Here's what we need to see from SAP tomorrow: a push above $231.91 on sustained volume above 1.5x. If the Breakout Engine scores it at 70 or above, we take the signal. Entry would be near the breakout price, stop placed below the consolidation high at $229.54. Risk per share would run roughly $2.37 at those levels, with our 2R target sitting about $4.74 above entry — around $236.65. None of that is locked in. It's what the math suggests if SAP sets up cleanly. HAS is the same conversation: breakout above $112.04, stop below $109.81, risk per share around $2.23, 2R target near $116.50. Not a trade yet — just the framework we'd build from if the score crosses 70.

The cost of waiting (or forcing it)

Here's the real danger on a day like this: forcing a trade because the watchlist looks interesting. SAP has the volume. HAS has a clean level. The temptation is real. But a 65.2 score exists for a reason — something in the full picture still doesn't clear the bar, and chasing a setup the system isn't confident in is how you accumulate losses the scoreboard won't let you forget. The flip side is just as real: wait too long, and SAP could gap through its level overnight while we're still deliberating. That's the trade-off we live with every day. We'd rather miss a good trade than take a mediocre one.

One more thought before we go

Day 77, and the system is being picky. Honestly? That's the right call. The open book on our positions — TEAM up 22.9% in 42 days, HURN up 13.8%, HTFL carrying four separate entries all running above 9% — shows what the engine is capable of when it waits for the moment that actually qualifies. SAP tomorrow is the one to watch. If it opens strong and holds its volume, this conversation gets a lot more interesting.

See how the system backtests →

How our rebuilt system performs against the S&P 500 in testing — year by year, with the honest caveats.


Keep exploring